IAF Recruitment through AFCAT 01 / 2016 | www.careerairforce.nic.in | Across India: Applications are invited from Male and Female from Indian Citizens as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the following courses commencing in January 2017 for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent / Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty Branches.
COURSES COMMENCING IN JANUARY 2017
(a) No. 201/17F/SSC/M & W( Short Service Commission for men & women)
(a) No. 200/17T/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men)
(b) No. 200/17T/SSC/M & W (Short Service Commission for men & women)
GROUND DUTY BRANCHES
(a) No. 200/17G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men)
(b) No. 200/17G/SSC/M & W (Short Service Commission for men & women)
Location: Across India
Salary (as per 6th Pay Commission, Likely to be 30% more in 7th Pay Commission):
Flying Officers will be entitled to Pay in Pay Band of 15,600 -39,100 per month along with Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance.
On successful completion of Training, the newly Commissioned Flying Officers would be entitled to approximate gross monthly emoluments in different branches including Transport Allowance of major cities as follows:
(a) Flying Branch : Rs 78,426/-
(b) Technical Branch : Rs 67,926/-
(c) Ground Duty Branches : Rs 64,926/
- Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of (AFCAT/EKT) will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara.
- All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (applicable only for candidates applying for technical branch) to be conducted on21 February 2016 (Sunday) .
- Candidates will be required to login to their candidate login accounts regularly for information on AFCAT, EKT (if applicable) and AFSB testing.
- The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude.
- Sample question papers and syllabus of AFCAT/EKT is available on IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in. Click Here To Know More
- (For Technical Branch) : EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT
- The testing would consist of three stages as given below.
- (a) Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day.
- Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself
- (b) Stage-II testing consisting of Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days).
- (c) For Flying Branch: CPSS (Computerised Pilot Selection System) and or PABT would be administered to eligible candidates
Preferred Books :
- AFCAT Previous Years Papers and Sample Papers
- SSB Interview : The Complete Guide (English) 1st Edition By DR (CDR) N. K. Natarajan
- Last date To Apply : 31st December 2015
- Date of Written Examination : 21 February 2016 (Sunday)
How to Apply For IAF Recruitment through AFCAT 01 / 2016 :
Registration Link : Click Here
Apply Link : Click Here (After Registration)